Held the very first Stock Car Meeting on 16th April 1954, won by Chevalier D'Orgeix. Situated near Old Kent Road in South East London, New Cross Stadium was built as an athletics ground in the early 1900s. A greyhound track was added in 1933, and the following year a speedway track was built. Johnny Hoskins held three meetings in 1968 whilst Harringay was being revamped. The stadium closed in 1969 and was demolished in 1975.